Tuesday, August 09, 2005

a special caller

A friend emailed me about contentment and taking risks. He said something about my life being so pregnant with exciting things. So much seems to be happening to me. I was mildly jolted. Can I really be projecting such a buoyant façade?

I told him that my life is far from what he has imagined. The crust belies the muck inside, nice and warm, sweetly twirling with bits of undigested steak.

Ennui always tugs at the fringes of my psyche, threatening to invade it if I won’t graciously let it in. Most of the time I do, albeit with reluctance. I offer it tea and cake and a platter of muck. Taste my soul, I would always say. And it would flash a wan smile as it slurps in my muck.

Conversations are always wry and bland.

"Would you like to talk to my liver instead?"

"No, thank you, I’d rather stay here and keep myself comfy."

"Suit yourself then."

That’s the part when we would both stare at the ceiling and scratch our balls until they bleed. And then it would scurry out without warning (Ennui, not my balls), leaving purple footprints on my floor. With repugnance and longing, I look out of the window and wait for its next visit.

Yes, so many exciting things happen in my life.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger bullish1974 said...

i hear ya. but i want to talk to your liver still. there's a lot of things to talk about: your liver and mine.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger weng said...

why purple footprints? =D

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Lei_SATG said...

i really dont have anything to say. ^_^

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger slim whale said...

bullish--i'll set up a meeting with your liver and mine. they can talk about effective filtration of vodka or something.

weng--if ennui has a color, it has to be purple, at least for me.

sunset eyes--me too.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger {illyria} said...

ennui? that's about the most exciting life i've ever read. let's swap. as long i don't get your balls.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger slim whale said...

sure! let's swap. don't worry about my balls, i'll get to keep them. besides, i can't imagine myself scratching my own clits.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger E. S. de Montemayor said...

scratching my own clits... hahah.. that's a nice one... hehehe..

i hope this was not an extension of your recently placed psychedelic entry. nonetheless, your sarcasm of an article is always a welcome respite. keep em coming.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Ronnel Lim said...

Very funny.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger rmacapobre said...

life is pregnant? no wonder i feel like im in labor tous les temps ...

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger slim whale said...

julsitos--now that you've mentioned it, maybe i can get used to clit-scratching.... my mind's still as psychedelic as that entry.

ronnel--hey, thanks for dropping by

max--haha. moi aussi. always in labor. j'ai l'impression que la vie me donne toujours du merde, trop du merde.

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger ennui said...

OMG ... have i been scratching ur balls??? (macaulay culkin look in home alone 1)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger slim whale said...

Ennui--not really. you scratch your own balls and i scratch mine. although i wish somebody else would do it for me. too lazy to scratch my own balls.

oh darn, now Ennui knows about my blog. i have no choice but to serve him platters of muck all the time. no escape now.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger ennui said...

too lazy? oh well, would u rather have had fins or wings instead of arms? hehehe

so what if i know about ur blog?? just returning the favor -- u do visit mine don't u? Ü

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger slim whale said...

i'd go for fins anytime. my dream is to become a fish and fathom the mysteries of the ocean. shit, that sounded too cheesy.

on Ennui--er, i meant Ennui, the real thing. hehe.

anyway, i enjoy reading your blog, really, especially your poetry. and you don't have to return the favor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home